*Post contains affiliate links
The Julep January 2015 selections are here! I’m sorry this post is a day late – I’ve felt kind of burnt-out this past week so I wasn’t able to get it up when I normally would. Oh well. We’re here now, and January has some exciting new products and program changes that I’m looking forward to sharing with you!
One thing that excited me the most when I was making my selections for January is that it seems you can now choose two beauty items instead of just one. Julep seems to be going into 2015 with a focus on beauty rather than nails which is interesting and will definitely bring up a lot of diverse opinions… Personally I don’t mind it since it makes the box a higher value, and you always have the option to switch all three items out for polishes anyway. 🙂 My one concern is that there are more polishes in the collection than are included in the boxes… And that seems a bit redundant? Hm.
Enough talking, let’s look at the collection!
Julep Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment in Sheer Fig, Sheer Pink, Sheer Coral and Sheer Magenta
The first beauty item Julep is introducing us to for January is four shades of an already-popular item: their Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment which is now available in Sheer Fig, Sheer Pink, Sheer Coral and Sheer Magenta. Julep says they are each “enriched with natural ingredients that soothe, hydrate, and plump lips, this silky-smooth treatment delivers major moisture with a hint of tint. The cooling tip soothes lips and boosts microcirculation.” Basically a lip gloss that also packs an enriched punch.
Julep Gel Eye Gliders in Olive and Navy
Re-releases of new colours is a theme for January, since Julep is also giving us two new shades of their Gel Eye Gliders – Navy and Olive. I got one of the older shades in my Aug 2014 box and was generally happy with it. Julep says their eye gliders are: “Clinically proven to last for 10+ hours, this easy-to-use eye pencil delivers the creamy formula & intense color payoff of a gel eyeliner. The waterproof formula glides on, sets in 30 seconds, and then stays put. Because eyeliner shouldn’t stand in the way of adventures.”
Oxygen Nail Treatment – Ivory
And one more re-released product for January. This one I’m moderately excited about: an Ivory
version of their Oxygen Nail Treatment
. I have the pink version from my March 2014 Box
and I really like it so I’m planning to pick this one up too. Here’s what Julep has to say about it: “Like the pink-tined original, Ivory is powered by Oxygen Technology that lets nails breathe. The nail-boosting formula also includes a patented Hexanal formulation and anti-aging plant cells. With regular use of this healthy “nail makeup,” structurally stronger, healthier nails emerge.”
Now let’s look at actual the boxes:
Like Mother Like Daughter (Monthly Exclusive)
- Plié wand with Precision Brush: A nail polishing tool that makes manis easier, faster, and better, even with your non-dominant hand. Use the precision brush for decorative details like stripes and zig zags.
- Raegan (Bombshell): Electric dark pink crème
- Zelda (Bombshell): Pink Champagne metallic
- Nail Decals – Holographic Chevron: Stick ‘em to your polish and seal with a top coat for the easiest on-trend nail art around.
January Maven’s Choice Box (Monthly Exclusive) +$5
- Elixir Organic Argan Oil: A miracle moisturizer for face, hair, and body
- Bare Face Cleansing Oil: A lightweight oil blend that cleanses without over-drying
- Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment: A silky-smooth balm with a cooling metal tip
January Modern Beauty Box
Brilliance Glycolic Hand & Body Scrub: A dual-action exfoliator that uses apricot seeds to slough away dirt, oil, and dead skin, and a potent concentration of glycolic acid to fight signs of aging.
- Luxe Lip – Sheer Magenta: Subtle color enriched with natural ingredients that soothe, hydrate, and plump lips. A silky-smooth moisturizer that sets a new bar for balm.
January Boho Glam Box
January Bombshell Box
January Classic With a Twist Box
January It Girl Box
Other Collection Shades:
Note: Since this month not all of the shades in the collection are represented in the boxes (but I assumed you would still want to see them) I’ve rounded up the remainder to give you a look. Each is available for box swap-in, or you can add them on for $6.99 each.
Alicia (Boho Glam)
- Alicia (Boho Glam): Back from the vault – Sunny salmon crème
- Shawn (Bombshell): Bright poppy crème
Phyllis (Classic With a Twist)
- Phyllis (Classic With a Twist): Soft petal pink crème
Note: these are just a few of the add-ons that are available. Please log into your account to see the full list of products and prices!
Orbital Eyeshadow in Borealis ($9.99)
- Charcoal with peacock pearlescence. This multidimensional formula is packed with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks.
Orbital Eyeshadow in Terra ($9.99)
- Rust with silver pearlescence. This multidimensional formula is packed with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks.
You can see more information and swatches of all these products on the official Julep blog.
About the Julep Maven Program: The Julep Maven program costs $24.99 a month and is fully customizable, or you can pre-pay for 3 months and receive each box for $19.99. You can also upgrade to the Maven Luxe program for $39.99 a month ($34.99/mo if you pre-pay for 3 months) which entitles you to a fully customizable box plus one additional product per month. You can skip whenever you want.
My choices for this month are the Ivory Oxygen Nail Treatment, Shelly and Phyllis. I don’t see that changing, but who knows! 🙂
The selection window is open from now until the 24th at midnight so if you want to get in to select, change or skip your box remember to do it soon!
The other change Julep has implemented recently is that they’ve gotten rid of their free welcome boxes. I have mixed feelings about this, but I think they probably did it because people were signing up to get the free box and then being surprised when they were charged for a box the next month. With the new system you get the box for 50% off instead + free shipping. If you’re interested in becoming a Maven you can use the code FROSTY50 to get the Snow Day Welcome Box or 50CHEERS to get the Bubbly Welcome Box.
Let me know what you think of the products this month! Thanks for visiting!