*Post contains affiliate links
December is almost here, and I know for us in Toronto at least the snow is also officially here. Yay winter! To celebrate I bring you the December 2014 preview of Julep’s Countdown Collection. Julep’s made some great changes to their program recently (including bringing back unlimited box skips) so that combined with some great shades and new products this month leave me really excited to share this post with you! I also have a look at some of Julep’s Black Friday Sales which are available early as add-ons this month. 🙂
And if you’re interested in Julep polishes but don’t necessarily want to try signing up yet, remember to check out my Julep Polish Giveaway (open Canada + US until Nov 27th) for the chance to win 8 of my favourite Julep shades!
Let’s get right into it!
Julep Orbital Eyeshadow
The new beauty products for this month are a line of packed powder shadows called Orbital Eyeshadows. Julep describes each as a “multidimensional eyeshadow with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks” that “uses iridescent pearls and vibrant metallic pigments to create an effortless, multidimensional eye look and blends the color payoff of a cream shadow and the layering power of a powder.” Fabulous!
The shades are:
- Zenith: Cocoa with gold pearlescence
- Earthshine: Tree bark with chrome pearlescence
- Moonbeam: Silver with lilac pearlescence
- Supernova: Charcoal with electric orchid pearlescence
- Equinox: Pewter with silvery purple pearlescence
- Airglow: Champagne with rose gold pearlescence
Now let’s look at actual the boxes…
December Holiday Soiree Beauty Box (+$5)
- Gold Stripe Nail Decals: Pretty golden stripes that stick on & look gorgeous with or without polish
- Logan (Classic with a Twist): Sultry aubergine shimmer
- Oxygen Performance Top Coat: A breathable, fast-dry top coat with major shine and stamina
- Lipstick Mini Trio – Dancing: Richly colored, matte-finish lipsticks that glide on and stay put through the last song
December Modern Beauty Box
- Blank Canvas Mattifying Eye Primer: A reparative eye primer that creates a smooth, flawless base for long-lasting eye looks
- Orbital Eyeshadow in Supernova: Our multidimensional formula with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks
December Boho Glam Box
- Chatoya (Boho Glam): Bright platinum glitter top coat
- Karissa (Boho Glam): Holly berry crème
- Orbital Eyeshadow in Moonbeam: Our multidimensional formula with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks
December Bombshell Box
- Paula (Bombshell): Persian blue with gold microshimmer
- Soleil (Bombshell): Lustrous rose gold chrome
- Orbital Eyeshadow in Equinox: Our multidimensional formula with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks
December Classic With a Twist Box
- Ilga (Classic with a Twist): Rich Bordeaux crème
- Sienna (Classic with a Twist): Sophisticated shimmery gold (It’s the return of our forever holiday favorite!)
- Orbital Eyeshadow in Airglow: Our multidimensional formula with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks
December It Girl Box
- Sharna (It Girl): Bronze-dipped full-coverage microglitter
- Rochelle (It Girl): Boysenberry shimmer
- Aurora (It Girl): Melted platinum chrome
December Core Classics Box
- Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen: Delivers conditioning nail polish remover through a chiseled precision tip (includes three refill tips)
- Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum: A peptide-fueled treatment that transforms dry, damaged cuticles and builds stronger, smoother nails
- Freedom Polymer Top Coat: A high-gloss finish that dries smudge-free in five minutes
- Clean Slate Polish Remover Single Use Pad Kit: Travel-friendly packettes with pre-soaked felt pads that eliminate polish in a swipe
Note: these are just a few of the add-ons that are available. Please log into your account to see the full list of products and prices!
- (It Girl) Blushing holographic full-coverage glitter
Silk Effect Top Coat ($6.99)
- A fast-drying, silk finish top coat.
Black Friday Previews:
Sweep Palette ($24.99)
- Ready for your close-up? Eleven gorgeous, wearable eyeshadows make it easy to say yes. Ranging from matte to subtly shimmery, these silky pigments get a boost from our lid-smoothing, anti-aging Power Cell ComplexTM for a perfectly blended look every time.
Stargazer Gel Eye Gliders ($19.99)
- Light up the night with a dazzling collection that includes five shimmery shades and a sharpener. Tested and proven to last for 10+ hours of wear, these waterproof pencils deliver creamy, out-of-this-world color that goes on smoothly, sets in 30 seconds, and refuses to fade away. Set includes: Gold Champagne Shimmer, Emerald Shimmer, Smoky Mushroom Shimmer, Violet Shimmer, Cosmic Black Shimmer, Eye Pencil Sharpener.
Warm Wishes Trio ($14.99)
- Love (Bombshell): Gold, pearl & fuchsia microglitter
- Hope (It Girl): Stark white satin
- Peace (Classic with a Twist): Rich red velvet crème
Nailed It! ($24.99)
- There’s something special about this collection, and we’re not just talking about the strengthening polish formula. These 12 little bottles of joy showcase some of 2014’s most-loved best sellers. It’s been a very good year for polish, and this is a very good gift for polish lovers!
Sparks Fly! Lip Trio ($14.99)
- Mini Lip Glimmer – Dazzling: Nude with pink shimmer
- Mini Lip Glimmer – Divine: Yellow gold shimmer
- Mini Lip Glimmer – Devoted: Peach with silver shimmer
Reindeer Games Duo ($7.99)
- Neely (It Girl): Sparkling cranberry full-coverage glitter
- Nic (Bombshell): Black crimson crème
Stroke of Midnight ($7.99)
- Amira (Bombshell): Silver chunky holographic glitter top coat
- Kristy (Boho Glam): Midnight blue crème
Fa La La Trio ($11.99)
- Winnie (Bombshell): Rose gold metallic
- Charisma (Classic with a Twist): Ruby red shimmer
- Margot (Bombshell): Old Hollywood gold shimmer
You can see more information and swatches of all these products on the official Julep blog.
About the Julep Maven Program: The Julep Maven program costs $24.99 a month and is fully customizable, or you can pre-pay for 3 months and receive each box for $19.99. You can also upgrade to the Maven Luxe program for $39.99 a month ($34.99/mo if you pre-pay for 3 months) which entitles you to a fully customizable box plus one additional product per month. And starting this month you can skip whenever you want!
My choices for this month (for now) are Soleil because I want to try a true chrome from Julep, and then I decided to try the eyeshadow in Zenith and I also got the Silk Effect Top Coat because Julep’s silk polishes are my all-time favourites. I didn’t get any add-ons from the Black Friday previews but that might change… And I already know I’m going to be spending a pretty penny on Black Friday Julep deals just like last year (come onnnnn Birthstone Collection for ~$45).
The selection window is open from now until the 24th at midnight, so if you want to get in to select, change or skip your box remember to do it soon!
Let me know what you think of the products this month! Thanks for visiting!