* Press Sample
You guys I did a successful watermarble! I am so happy! So happy you have no idea! I just sat myself down and said "Katherine, today you are going to do a watermarble and it is going to work." And it DID!
For my marble (hooray!) I started with a base of Ceramic Glaze Heavenly and then used it with three other shades to do my watermarble: Ceramic Glaze Surf's Up, CND Vinylux Honey Darlin' and CND Vinylux Desert Poppy. All of them marbled beautifully!
After cutting and applying my decals I decided to add a layer of Julep Silk Effect Top Coat to make it a bit matte. It's a slightly grainy matte to give it the 'silk' look, so that's why it looks a bit bumpy in the macro below.
I think this is really lovely, and I need to stay again how proud I am of myself for doing a successful marble. :) I'm going to try to do them more regularly so I can continue to practice so be prepared to see a lot more coming up in the future! 2016 will be the year I conquer watermarbling!
Let me know what you think! Thanks for visiting! xx